Foxy Announces:

Ever since the iPad, I have been reading less on the laptop :P
And hence less inclined to take pictures and review them - bad!!

Taking baby steps to come back on track!

Managing: Visionary

After yesterday's outburst, I needed to channel my frustration and re-focus my direction. I grabbed a book I recently purchased and this caught my attention.

Problem:
If I'm not creative enough to come up with fantastic concepts at work, how could I start to trigger this in me?

Recommended to:
- Get inputs from my staffs. Have regular meetings to gather some great ideas. Am already doing this :)) This helps me to understand my staffs better too.

- Be sure to let your employees know you value their input. Check! :) However majority of them are very humble, and always dismiss compliments. I need to work more on encouraging them to accept credit..

- Seek inspirations. Read books about great leaders. Learn new strategies and tactics. Check again! :D I've been building a massive book collection on leadership and managing. And am happy to say I've learned so much it opened my mindset positively.

- Find a mentor who will help you see things in a new way. Got one! Lol my existing mentor is a great one. I wouldn't have been this good (almost problem free) if not for the numerous coaching sessions that we invested on (also known as chatting hahaha).


There! A short entry to capture my own progress :)
~ from The Manager's Answer Book


0 comments:

Post a Comment

ChatterBox


ShoutMix chat widget

Followers

Total Pageviews