Foxy Announces:

Ever since the iPad, I have been reading less on the laptop :P
And hence less inclined to take pictures and review them - bad!!

Taking baby steps to come back on track!

Amazing Wellness Spring 2016


Discovered this magazine not long ago. Now let's explore the Spring edition.


At a glance, I quite like these topics:
- 5 Signs of Aging
- Digestion and Aging
- Top 3 Herbs for Men
- SOS for PMS
- Amazing Aminos
- Scents That Slim
- Have A Good Hair Day

My Learnings-

Green Food Supplements:-
Moringa can help with improving the blood sugar levels and cholesterol. It is also good for liver care, and fights inflammation. *Grinning at my cup of moringa tea*


Top 3 Herbs for Men:-
For some time now, I noticed a pattern from The Husband-
- constant fatigue
- worrying of graying hair
- disturbed sleep

Although he does sports about 1-2 times weekly, the above condition seems to worsen. In summary he should be taking these:

1- Ginseng. It has anti-stress effect, improve mental performance and regulates blood pressure.

2- Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera); comically also known as "like a horse" known for as a sexual tonic. But wait, this could reduce gray hair?! Someone must be happy to know this! Ooh and it helps with insomnia too.

3- Hawthorn. This is primarily great for lowering blood pressure. So for a low BP person, go moderate with it.


SOS for PMS:-
Wait, I don't like this point -
Is it common for PMS symptoms to get worse with age? Yes, PMS often gets worse toward the end of the menstrual years (OMFG). One reason for this is that progesterone levels decline in the later part of the fertility 
years. Progesterone is a progestational hormone that supports the development of the fetus. Estrogen builds the “nest” and promotes ovulation. Less progesterone equals relative estrogen dominance.


What is estrogen dominance? Estrogen dominance is characterized by more aggressive behavior, heavier bleeding, tender breasts, easier weight gain, water retention, bloating, anxiety or panic attacks, crying for no reason, carbohydrate cravings, headaches, acne, cold sores, asthma attacks, sinus congestion, and increased seizure rate (shitez I already notice a slight increase of those in red. I'm ruined). Taking natural progesterone can help balance all these crazy symptoms, but so can cleaning up your lifestyle and avoiding endocrine disruptors such as soft plastics, chemicals, drugs, pesticides, and GMOs (what are soft plastics??).

Solution? Consistently taking these supplement. Vitamin B6 (50 to 100 mg daily) and magnesium (start with 500mg at bedtime). Zinc can also help reduce the production of prolactin, a stress hormone; take 30–50 mg daily.


Amazing Aminos:-
I've been experiencing moodiness quite often. For no apparent reason. Just somehow not happy (although I have everything I need, and most of my wants). This article comes at the right time, and coincidentally The Husband suggested that I go back to my daily protein drink. Was going to open up the new pack and then I come across this. Evidential occurances? :)

"3 AMINO ACIDS THAT CAN HELP:  
THEANINE: It has a calming effect on the nervous system. Studies have found that 200–400 mg daily calms anxiety and other symptoms of stress. It also enhances the ability to focus, improves sleep, and quickens reaction time without unwanted daytime drowsiness. A patented form, called Suntheanine, has been widely studied and is found in a variety of brands. "


Quick Fixes

Oh yeah:
#1 - So let's check back in 12 weeks. Fingers crossed!

#10 - Husband, the blue plate is mine from now on!

#11 - Always. I'm always loading up on clean water for drinking.

#12 - I reach for my cumin powder almost each time I cook. Who could have guess it increases metabolic rate? Woohoo!

#14 - No problemo. Not a fan of booze.

#18 - Mostly there.

#19 - A daily must have. 

#23 - Hohohoho don't worry. I sleep way alot more than necessary.

#24 - I love you my massage creams..

#29 - Just socks. Go green please.



Hmm:
#3 - Well that means I'd have 2 pairs of workout clothes to wash daily? (assuming I workout daily haha).

#5 - But fitted clothes makes it difficult for me to breathe. And how on earth am I going to hide the tum? :P

#6 - I used to practice this until I met my husband. He insisted this wasn't healthy and that I should eat real food...

#8 - Err.. I'm home all the time.

#9 - I didn't know essential oils are safe for consumption.

#13 - Ok, regulate this.

#16 - The problem is, I have snacks all over the place. I'm rarely hungry - hence you're supposed to tell me how to lose the extra flabs.

#21 - What if you have a biatch resting face?

#30 - I might go this path when I have too much time to spare.

#33-43 - Okay, almost all are non applicable at the moment. Also whatever I couldn't pronounce - don't eat it. Sometimes, less is more. Just go with wholesome food..


Shitez:
#2 - The opposite just happened. I developed a sudden liking to caramel latte and I have been having coffee every other day! Dang!! For a person who couldn't take coffee to a couple a week. FML...

#4 - Lol not happening! My life starts after 8pm lolx.

#7 - Yucks, for real?

#15 - Come on. And get it smell like trash with all the food smell combo?

#17 - Fail. I'm most awake at these hours. :( #screwedforlife

#20 - Who has time for the mess? Seriously, OVER makeup?

#22 - Mess!

#25 - Lazy. Too much trouble.

#26 - Uncomfortable. And I won't be able to sleep.

#27 - Huh? Darken the area and here you have the women frantically covering up with concealers? 

#28 - My waterlines are off limits! Do not trespass.

#31-32 - Seriously stop messing around. What is the use of a blush then?


Scents That Slim:-
I need a bathtub in my life.. and a garden to grow lavender and rosemary.



So there are some hits and misses with the tips from this issue. Overall I do like reading it. The simpler the remedy, the better :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

ChatterBox


ShoutMix chat widget

Followers

Total Pageviews