Foxy Announces:

Ever since the iPad, I have been reading less on the laptop :P
And hence less inclined to take pictures and review them - bad!!

Taking baby steps to come back on track!

La Vie Parisienne: Looking for Love - And the Perfect Lingerie


Janelle Says:
After an ill-fated affair with the Queen Mother’s equerry, a young London-based Australian journalist, Janelle McCulloch, runs away to Paris to restore her pride. 

The city leaves an indelible print and she returns many years later to live there for a year. La Vie Parisienne: Looking for Love — and the Perfect Lingerie captures Janelle’s experiences that year, immersed in life in Paris. 

An acute observer of Parisienne style in action, Janelle set off to re-invent herself and in the process, discovered she was very comfortable in her own skin.

Author Janelle McCulloch
Publisher Murdoch Books

Foxy Says:
I'll be the first to admit, it was the title of the book that attracted me. It was just another tired evening after work, and after dinner; I was browsing at Border's Sale section to kill some boredom.

I took a peek, and liked what I saw :)
And then I was hooked to this book! I read it while waiting for The Fiance to come fetch me to work, I read this at lunch while waiting for my food, I read this at bedtime till my eyes refused to open. You get how much I like this yes? :)

This book makes me want to fly to Paris, and live the glamourous life of a Parisienne... sophisticated clothes, mouth watering food, orgasmic nights (haha); just bloody relaxing life. Except maybe not the heels. I can never understand the love for heels. My feet simply hates them! Thank God I have the height to go without heels!

And, life like that requires money, lots of them!

Janelle describes Paris in a very real scene. Expect no perfection; as it does not exist. Every city has its ugly side. And Paris; has their rude taxi drivers, gloomy weather, post-it sized apartments and dog poos too?  

Wait, I forgot to mention that the book has a luxurious feel. The centered black design is in velvet... Nice. However I find it a little too hard and rigid for a comfy bed read... 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

ChatterBox


ShoutMix chat widget

Followers

Total Pageviews