Foxy Announces:

Ever since the iPad, I have been reading less on the laptop :P
And hence less inclined to take pictures and review them - bad!!

Taking baby steps to come back on track!

Haul: Big Bad Wolf Books


Touted as the world's largest book sale, which bookworm could resist this!?

I missed this last year; because I find it a hassle to make trips down to KL:

- Yes it is (only for some) about 4-5 hours drive ( depends how slow you drive :P )

- Petrol, toll, and accommodation screams $$$

- Somehow the crime rate in KL scares me to merde; I'd always leave my handbags behind and just bring the necessities (credit cards, IC, cash, phone)

- Traffic is hectic!

- I can't for the life of me, recognize the directions / roads.

But finally I decided to check this crazy book sale out.

And it was amazing! Really. Mind. Blowing.
People actually used boxes as shopping cart. It is insane to be able to REALLY BROWSE all those books in a day! I mean, one could die of lethargic! So lets not even talk about how big the place was.

The price. This has surely gotta be one of the major reasons people flocked to this sale. Yo I mean, RM3 for an English Manga? My bro would be having an orgasmic experience if he was there himself. He doesn't read much, but has "stolen" a few of my R.Kiyosaki books so far and is absolutely nuts for manga.

Other things which I like about this event was:
- Sufficient payment counter. I did not have to wait long.
- Books were organized, which made it easy to target area of interest.
- Bathrooms were very clean!
- Temperature was just fine, not too stuffy, not cold.

Now, what did I not like:
- The venue was a pain to look for (considering I'm not local to KL)

- The wait. BBW loves to tease people with the  release of the dates and venue. Seriously now, for people who lives outstation and had to plan ahead for this event - this was a major turn off. Like booking a hotel, planning annual leaves etc. If BBW could just release this info without much held back, it could help some other people (like me) save some money!

Anyhow, I came back a happy person:


Magazines were about RM5-RM8 each.
All the above, for about RM300! :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment

ChatterBox


ShoutMix chat widget

Followers

Total Pageviews