Foxy Announces:

Ever since the iPad, I have been reading less on the laptop :P
And hence less inclined to take pictures and review them - bad!!

Taking baby steps to come back on track!

Bonjour, Happiness! Secrets to Finding Your Joie de Vivre

 
 
Foxy Frangipani Says:
Authour: Jamie Cat Callan
Publisher:  Citadel Press
Pages: 226
 
Being a shopaholic with sharp eyes means I'm always looking for things that might interest me. Everywhere. Anytime.

I was at the Jakarta airport waiting for my flight, walking towards the terminal. And there was a smallish bookshop. I couldn't resist not going, so in I went. It was rather difficult to browse as the shop is really small and books were everywhere.

Some how my eyes spotted 2 books on French related topics. Yep I got both books haha (forgot how much they cost). I actually started the other book first but I wasn't interested enough to finish it, so I switched to this one.

Interesting.. Ooh la la!
In summary, there are things I learned, things I disagree and things I find quirky. Jamie referenced some blogs, books and sites - these introduced me to more reading options!

I don't quite agree in not apologizing when one is late. Its just rude to be late, what more just pretend no one cares just as long as you're gorgeous. Its basic manners to respect time...

I quite like these ideas (actually we all should):
- Making effort to look good. Well, I confess most times, I'm just too lazy to make that extra effort. I am particular about clean clothes and looking neat. But to make my face flawless and perfect hair before heading out is just too troublesome. I somehow want to be chic all the time. No pain, no gain... so...

- Wear matching undies. She suggests 3 pairs of panties to 1 bra in terms of colour (maybe fabric too). No cheap looking ones though. It has to ooze elegance and style, lol. So that gives us that secret inner confidence. Really? While I don't mis-match my undies, I don't think much about lingeries. I find the thought of dressing up innies too troublesome.

- Walk more. Maybe to everywhere. Err.. no. Not to everywhere. If I'm at the beach / village / places with cleaner air - yes perhaps. But under the scorching sun? I plan to run more regularly late evening though. When it is cooler.

- Focus on eating good food. Not expensive good, but healthy good. There are so many diets out there, but heard of Parisian Diet? Least restrictive, you can take chocolates, cheese, wine etc. We just need portion control. And hey, they stay out of the kitchen in between meals. How chic?

- Eat, Just Eat. Not in front of the TV - who is guilty of this? Turn on some jazz if you want, but focus on the food, not multitasking. Stay away from Facebook please.. or Angry Birds. In my part of the world, I don't have 3 hours for lunch, I'd be fired from my job :P Hence just make full use of the 1 (pathetic) hour I am entitled..

These, I'm still considering:
- Wearing a girdle / shapewear. Yes, we all want to look fantastic in the fitting dress. Who wants that unsightly tummy bulge and visible panty lines. But have you ever tried putting on a girdle? True enough all I wish for was to get rid of it. It is suffocating :P  So.. perhaps put in more effort in exercise and toning up? Lol.
 
- Handwashing lingeries. Oh my god. No. Confession - I hate laundry and no I'm not handwashing anything when I have the washing machine.
 
- Flirt and art of conversation. Play eyes with the butcher, the cashier and your local cheeseman. Not my type. I lack of the finesse for conversation. I'd be really happy to sit with a book all afternoon or watch the world go by. And I'd do well in life reflections too. But ask me to join a director for dinner, and you'll get a sulky girl all night (well no silly I won't actually sulk at them). i'm not made to love socializing :P
 
 
All in all, I enjoyed this book. I will re-read this from time to time. Just to remind myself of the learnings I find handy. Now more French lifestyle books please! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

ChatterBox


ShoutMix chat widget

Followers

Total Pageviews